Information We Collect through Manual Submission
The types of personal information you may submit include:
- As part of the “contact us” form, contact information (such as name and email address)
- For event registrants, information relating to their professional status (such as job title and employer name)
- For NGO applicantions, information regarding their application according to the requirements of our application form
- For members only, login credentials for the Site
The mandatory or optional nature of the data is indicated to you at the time of collection. In the absence of communication of mandatory personal data, we will not be able to respond to your request.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information described above to:
- Respond to your enquiries
- Process your applications for support
- Perform data analyses
- Meet our legal obligations, such as to comply with, and enforce, applicable legal requirements
In addition, where required by applicable law, we may seek your consent (which we obtain when you provide your information or use or subscribe to a particular service).
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by Belgian law or legal process, (ii) to Belgian law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Personal Data Storage Period
- For any requests made using the “contact us” form, personal data will be kept only for the duration of our relationship, subject to the statutory limitation periods applicable.
- For applicants for support, personal data will be kept for the duration of our relationship or for the purposes of proof and accounting obligations, for a period not exceeding the statutory limitation periods applicable.
Transfer outside European Union
Some of our technical service providers being located outside the European Union, personal data collected may be transferred to countries outside the European Union, whose legislation on the protection of personal data differs from that of the European Union. In the event that the recipient country or countries would not ensure a level of data protection equivalent to that of the European Union, we undertake to take all appropriate guarantees notably on the basis of appropriate guarantees envisaged by communicating, upon request, a copy of the adopted standard contractual clauses.
Your Rights and Choices
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint within the relevant national data protection authority.
For security reasons and to avoid any fraudulent request, we may be required to provide proof of identity with the request. After the request has been processed, this receipt will be destroyed.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Your information will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected and as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Links to Other Website and Apps
Our Site may provide links to other websites or apps for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the content of the website or apps, any use of the website or apps, or the privacy practices of the website or apps.
Updates to Our Website Privacy Notice
How to Contact Us
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.